10 Secrets for Creating a Happy Long Life :: From Dr. Deepak Chopra
- Intake fresh food,eat frugally, drink wholesome liquids, abstain from stimulants and sedatives, and have a bowel movement once a day.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene, get plenty of fresh air, sunlight and rest, have enjoyable leisure time, satisfying hobbies
- Exercise, meditate, practice balanced refined breathing and yoga, listen to the body's signal of comfort and discomfort
- Work for a happy marriage, long-term relationship, have ability to laugh easily and to make friends and keep close friends
- Choose a congenial occupation, go on vacation every year, be optimistic about the future, feel financially secure and live within means
- Develop an easygoing personality, cultivate nonviolent behavior, have reverence for life
- Live in temperate climate, enjoy a reasonable sex life, and get proper medical attention in case of illness
- Live in the present - accept what comes your way, appreciate it, learn from it and let go. Resisting the natural flow of things causes negative emotions
- Relinquish external approval, avoid being judgmental, replace fear-motivated behavior with love-motivated one, nurture positive emotions and express them freely
- Always know the world outside is a reflection of your deeper intelligence - the real "you" is within
Published on August 24, 2015.