Ann Hedreen is a writer, filmmaker, and voice of the radio podcast and blog, The Restless Nest: http://therestlessnest.wordpress.com/. Ann speaks and writes frequently about Alzheimer’s disease and her latest book id called, "Her Beautiful Brain". In this poignant memoir, Ann Hedreen gives shattering insight into what it is like to watch your mother begin to disappear. It tells the heartbreaking story of a daughter’s love for a mother lost in the wilderness of an unpredictable and harrowing illness.
Do not miss Ann Hedreen share her insights as the keynote speaker at the HCPC Alzheimer’s Caregiver Conference on September 25th. If you are a caregiver of a loved one with Alzheimer’s or another type of dementia, this is a fabulous day of free resources, encouragement, hope, and help.
Health Care Providers Council of Pierce County Presents
The 2014 Alzheimer’s Caregiver Conference
Thursday, September 25th
Emmanuel Lutheran Church 1315 N Stevens | 8:00am-4:00pm
Event is FREE but registration is required. RSVP by calling 253-798-8787 or Click Here
Lunch is provided.
Complimentary Adult Day Health RSVP to 627-9990
Schedule for the Day
- 7:30am-8:30am Registration
- 8:45am-10:30am Q&A with Ann Hedreen/ Documentary Film
- 10:30am-10:45am Break/ Visit Vendors
- 10:45am-11:45am Caregiver Panel
- 11:45am-12:15pm Sponsor intros/ door prizes
- 12:15pm-1:00pm Lunch/ Visit Vendors
- 1:15pm-2:00pm Legal Panel
- 2:00pm-2:45pm Q& A Legal Panel
- 2:45pm-3:00pm Break/ Visit Vendors
- 3:00pm-4:00pm Pet Therapy Panel
- 4:00pm Conference Ends
Community resources and providers will be available to speak to throughout the day. We will see you there!
(Click below to view the HCPC website event details.)
Published on September 22, 2014.