What is the first thing we do when we need help or don't know what to do? We go online and research the problem. Each month, Sound Options is sharing a few online resources, from websites to blogs, that you need to know about in your search for care advice, know-how and connection. Each Top 5 Friday will center on a different eldercare theme.
1. CareManager.org | Locate a Certified Geriatric Care Manager anywhere in the United States.
2. The New Old Age: New York Times Blog | Jane Gross, wrote a fantastic article called, “Why Hire a Geriatric Care Manager?” . She asks the important questions and seeks the answers that adult children are looking for when caring for an aging parent.
3. YouTube.com/SoundOptions | Watch videos, from the leading Care Management company in Puget Sound, on how to find a Care Manager, what they can do for you, and questions you should ask when choosing a care manager.
4. Cathy Cress Blog | Trained as an MSW, Cathy Cress has written, lectured, and taught many courses on Geriatric Care Management. Her blog shares insight into the realm of aging, family dynamics, and geriatric care.
5. AARP | "Geriatric Care Management: A Profile of an Emerging Profession" is a comprehensive article written by a group from the Institute for the Future of Aging Services.
Published on May 17, 2013.