As the baby boomer generation ages, they are finding themselves managing the care of aging parents while thinking about their own life and what it will mean for them to age well. In the “do-it-all” model of care, the adult child acts as the hub of care and carries much of the responsibility of guiding, managing, and coordinating the care of an aging loved one. Geriatric Care Managers have been revolutionizing the way families approach elder care by presenting an alternative model of care. As RNs or MSWs, our team of professional Care Managers jump in the middle with aging adults and their family to take on the role as the hub of care. With an experienced advocate at the helm, families are able to just be family again, while Geriatric Care Managers navigate the healthcare maze, manage complex situations and find positive outcomes. Click here to see a visual of our complete care approach.
Each Care Manager works autonomously, using direction and independent judgment to provide clients, families, or vulnerable populations with the medical and psychological support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illness. Duties include administering client assessments, care planning, advising families and caregivers, providing patient education and counseling, and making necessary referrals for other social services.
Typical Clients Using Care Management Services:
- Aging adults with far away family
- Persons suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias
- Traumatic brain injured clients of all ages
- Chronically ill persons (CHF, COPD, diabetes, cancer, ALS, etc.)
- Persons with mental illness (bipolar, schizophrenic, etc.)
- Professionals such as attorneys, guardians, trust officers
- RN, BSN, MSW, or LCSW with a minimum of 2 years current experience in health care
- Preferred, 2-years of community-based health care (home health, public health, home care)
- Preferred, Advanced certifications: Certified Care Manager, Certification in Gerontology, etc.
- Proven clinical competency
- Ongoing professional educational training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Join Our Dedicated Team
To begin the application process, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Care Management” in the subject line. You will be contacted with further invitations to complete a full application.