Geriatric Care Management: Rethinking Care Coordination
Our well-being is comprised of a complex web of needs and desires. As parents age, it is common for adult children to become the hub of care, managing several categories of needs. Professional Care Managers are pivotal in assisting families at the hub. They simplify, coordinate, and proactively guide the care of a loved one with intelligence, expertise, and heart.
Our Geriatric Care Managers are health and human services professionals who specialize in issues relating to eldercare. As Registered Nurses and Masters of Social Work, they are professionally trained to work with aging adults and chronically ill persons to build a stable and quality life for clients and their families. Geriatric Care Managers at Sound Options are experienced advocates capable of managing complex situations and finding intelligent and creative solutions for all care concerns.
As part of our service to you, our Geriatric Care Managers:
- Navigate the healthcare and insurance maze
- Advocate in hospital and facility settings to manage crises and provide transitional care
- Educate family on prognoses and provide valuable information to make good decisions
- Coordinate care with a holistic approach and manage medications and care team members including physicians and therapists
- Mediate difficult family dynamics to facilitate good communication and honor clients’ wishes
- Collaborate with attorneys and guardians
Typical Clients Using Care Management Services:
- Aging adults with far away family
- Persons suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias
- Traumatic brain injured clients of all ages
- Chronically ill persons (CHF, COPD, diabetes, cancer, ALS, etc.)
- Persons with mental illness (bipolar, schizophrenic, etc.)
- Professionals such as attorneys, guardians, trust officers
Since 1989, Sound Options has been a leader in the field of Geriatric Care Management in the Puget Sound region. You have access to local experts in eldercare to give you the best information to make the best decisions for your family. Give us a call to speak with one of our RN or MSW Professional Care Managers today at 800.628.7648.