What does it mean to age in place in Gig Harbor?
We build a connection to the landscapes we live in. We build homes and raise children, we go to the markets, walk the beaches, sail on the sound. Naturally, we want those landscapes to remain a vital part of our lives. Part of the fear of aging is that we will have to leave those landscapes and homes as we need assistance in our activities of daily living. At Sound Options, aging in place is possible with our customized options in senior care for Gig Harbor residents. Since 1989, Sound Options has helped families intentionally prepare for a long life lived well from generation to generation with an expertise in Care Management, Eldercare Counseling, Memory Care and End-of-Life Care services.
Geriatric Care Management
According to a 2010 census, 25% of Gig Harbor residents are 65 years of age or older. Chances are you know someone in your community who is helping a loved one age well while planning for their own future. For those families among us, Geriatric Care Managers can be an incredible resource. As RNs and MSWs, they are trained experts in the care of older adults and are able to:
- Navigate the healthcare maze and provide crisis management and transitional care during medical events such as a discharge from the hospital, fall, or diagnosis.
- Advocate for loved ones whether it is in a hospital, retirement community, or at home. Ensuring safety and quality of life is of the utmost importance.
- Educate family on chronic illnesses, options in care, etc. giving them the very best information to make the very best decisions.
- Coordinate care of a loved one by arranging and overseeing care within the home. Their proactive approach, clinical and compassion eye helps them make small changes along the way before they become bigger problems later.
- Mediate during family meetings to help families communicate well and make difficult decisions in the midst of varied family dynamics.
Gig Harbor In-Home Care
As Certified Nursing Assistants, our Caregivers are able to provide the day-to-day assistance that effectively sustains independence while maintaining peace of mind in the home. Sound Options caregivers:
- Relieve family members from the pressure of doing it all
- Personalize custom care in the client’s home
- Assist with daily activities such as meal prep, dressing, toileting, laundry, errands, grocery shopping, as well as hobby and activity support.
- Transport clients to the doctor, activities, or errands
- Care for complicated needs such as tube feedings, diabetes assistance, or administering medications
- Comfort through companionship and presence
- Provide compassionate and skilled dementia support
- Maintain Safety within the home
- Monitor and report changing care needs
- Engage clients in activities and social interaction
Gig Harbor Memory Care
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, over 50 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, and as many as 16 million will have the disease in 2050. In the years to come, how will this growing epidemic impact our families, communities, and workplaces in Washington?
When we talk about “dementia”, it is really an all-encompassing term used to reference a range of brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. While we don’t have control over the progression of this disease, we do have control over how we respond to it, the care we receive, and the places and people we surround ourselves with during our challenges along the way.
Aging in place with dignity is still possible for those living with dementia in Gig Harbor and throughout the Puget Sound region. According to a 2010 census, 25% of Gig Harbor residents are 65 years of age or older. Chances are you know someone in your community who is helping a loved one age well. With experience and expertise in senior care and planning for the future, Sound Options helps families create the financial, legal, healthcare, and social safety nets for their loved ones, ensuring the highest quality of life possible.
Through the leadership of this elite team of Geriatric Care Managers and In-Home Caregivers, we help families reimagine long life and rethink what is possible in long-term care in Gig Harbor and throughout the Puget Sound region.
Give us a call to start getting the expertise for the decisions ahead. Call us at 800.628.7649.